I am often asked what I eat, what exercise I do, what supplements I take, to look the way I do. First off, I usually just say “thank you” for the compliment as pass it all off on my genetics. And, to be honest, your genetic foundation greatly affects how you look and how you age. However, you can influence it, both positively and negatively.
I have to be honest, when I first heard that you could LOSE weight by putting fat in your coffee I nearly had a heart attack!
Every year I do a gadget review of all the cool products that became available throughout the year. This year I’m making it more expansive… including items that I think are awesome whether they’re gadgets or not. Enjoy!
- Upgraded Coffee… oh, and their absolutely amazing upgrade Cocoa Butter. Just the best coffee period. You can order whole bean or K-cups. I have a video on this site explaining how to use the k-cups in the new Keuirg 2.0. There’s also a recipe for my version of their Bulletproof Coffee. Once you try it you’ll wonder how you ever lived without. Then again, your bank statements will also remind how darn expensive total deliciousness can be!
- iPhone 6. Okay, if you’re all into the Phablet then get the 6+, but the 6 is awesome. Uber thin and lightning fast. With a return to the curved form factor I think it’s the best iPhone to date.
- T-Mobile Plans. For under $100 a month I get unlimited calls, texts and LTE, plus free text and data internationally (and $.20 a minute calling from abroad). When my husband and I went to Japan last month the free data came in handy! I was looking up maps, translations, etc.like a pro. I came back to a bill that remained under $100. Sweet.
- Transcend 1TB SSD. It comes in both Thunderbolt and USB… but both can be used with your Mac. Solid state drives are more robust and less prone to injury while traveling. This model is very small and it a great travel back-up drive. Under $500 too.
- Otoro. Oh. My. God. The food of heaven itself. Tuna belly, as we’d say in English, yet sometimes called Fatty Tuna. However, not all fatty tuna is the same. The stuff we have here in the US is crap (or so I’ve found so far). Japan has the most amazing ever… and at about $10-20 a piece will rip your wallet to shreds as you order one after another. It’s amazing, and I so highly recommend it if you enjoy amazing food.
- Jump. It’s a charging cable and back-up battery for your iDevice. Doesn’t hold a ton of juice, but is super tiny and easy to use. Mine goes with me everywhere. I charge it at night while charging the phone through it. So both are ready the next day.
- AirBnB. Wow, what a great idea… sometimes. I love everything about this site and idea. Yes, there are a few bad apples who rent you a crappy, dirty, used place simply to pocket some extra cash. But most are professional units in seasonal vacation locations… a house at a hotel price.
- Estately. Simon and I have recently gotten into real estate investing. This is the only app we know that is absolutely up to date on the MLS. We found new places the day they come on the market… calling our agent before she even knows about them. The app works on iDevices, but seems to be a little flaky lately. Hopefully they update it soon. Either way, it’s great if you follow the MLS.
Now just the list of cool things… perhaps mentioned before, or just general “in” items for your gift giving strategy!
- iPad Air (and iPad Air 2)
- Macbook Pro Retina
- Neat Scanner
- Escort Radar Detector
- Playstation 3
- Roku 2
- Harry’s Shave products
- Blue Nile
May this season be about giving the gifts of light, love, hope, support and commitment. Although we may use money to show our love and appreciation, ensure the gift is not all about money… but about thought and love. Use this as a springboard for the rest of the year, next year, and the rest of your life. Authentic love and commitment to each other are the greatest gifts God gave us to share.
This morning, after yoga, I made my bulletproof coffee. This time I added (in addition to the raw cacao butter that has become the staple), raw organic vanilla and organic collagen (https://www.upgradedself.com/products/bulletproof-upgraded-collagen-protein).
The coffee was frothy, sweet and delicious without any sugar. I wasn’t hungry all morning and am now about to grab some lunch. Still not starving though.
10 oz brewed Upgraded Coffee
1 tbsp Kerry Gold Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Upgraded MCT Oil
1-2 tbsp Raw Organic Cacao Butter (Upgraded site)
2 tsp Collagen Protein Powder
1 tsp Upgraded Vanilla* optional
In a BlendTec use Beverages-> Whole Juice setting