Let’s face it, (pun intended) beauty can get expensive! My Biohacking Beauty curated selections can cost around $500! What if you’re on a budget, but want the most healthy, natural and stunning look? This list is for you!
- Paula’s Choice Resist Triple-Action Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion with Glycolic Acid and Hydroquinone – 1 oz This has a balance of chemical exfoliation and lightning, much like (although not as great) as Retin-A and hydroquinone. At $25 for about 4-6 weeks of use, this is an amazing runner-up to my preferred biohack. This product will smooth out your skin, help with blemishes, and create a vibrant creaminess that allows for a more natural look with much less (if any) make-up. There have been studies where this destructive reconstruction can help with anti-aging. This is a must have product, and you’d use this daily, at night, after cleansing (but before moisturizer). $25
- Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil – 100% Pure Cold Pressed Certified Organic 4 fl. oz. Morning and night you need to moisturize your skin. This is an excellent and very inexpensive product to use. Because it’s a pure oil, you use a drop or two for your face. That’s it, one to two drops. Oil skin or dry, this product works. Apply directly to clean skin in the morning (after using toner, noted below), or at night after applying your exfoliation product. This bottle lasts a year, more or less if you use it on your nails and such. $14
- Thayers Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera Formula, Unscented, 12 Fluid Ounce I only use toner in the morning, on just-clean-and-slept-on-skin. Simply refreshes the skin and prepares it for the moisturizer and make-up you may wear. Use lint-free cotton pads to apply. Want to reduce waste? Use a thin cotton cloth, cut into 3″x3″ squares, and hand wash after use. This bottle lasts a year. $8
- Bee Sunny SPF 35 Mineral Powder Sunscreen As you’ve heard me say a million times, use your sunscreen! This is what we refer to as a physical blocking product, and the only one I really recommend. What’s great about this one is that if you’ve been using the products above, this will give you just enough light diffusion (think air-brushed look) to make your skin look perfect. Remember this is white (naturally) so you do not need to put this on too heavy. However, you can apply this throughout the day if you’re in the sun and sweating or swimming. Although you can pat this into your skin, I use a blush-like brush. This pot lasts about 6 months depending on use. $16
- Alba Botanica Advanced, Leave-In Conditioner, 7 Ounce Let’s not forget your lovely mane! It’s never too early to take care of your hair. Use shampoo and conditioners that provide light cleaning, scalp health, and detangling. After you’re out of the shower, towel dry your hair and apply this. The amount depends on your length; you’ll be applying this to what I refer to as your “ponytail” hair, the hair that is the ponytail part if you put it up. Some people have drier hair, if this is you have confidence in knowing this leave-in will work well, you’ll simply apply it to the crown as well as the ponytail. Put a very small amount on the crown, with more on the ponytail part. I have very long hair (that isn’t chemically altered and rarely styled) and use about an inch-long portion on my ponytail. Use more if you do things to your hair, or it’s super dry… use less if you have shorter hair. This tube lasts a year. $8
- USDA Certified Organic Facial Cleanser & Makeup Remover By BeeFriendly This is one of the most expensive options, but I recommend cleansing with products that are as safe and natural as possible. Below you’ll see a link for an ultrasonic facial cleanser. Using a pea size of this cleanser on the sonic brush with cleanse your face beautifully. Prone to break-outs? Use the witch hazel toner after in the areas you break out. However, if you’re using my complete protocol, after a month of continued use you’ll be clear and glowing and won’t need to tone after cleansing. Again, just a pea size. Four ounces will last six months or more. $25
- HailiCare Natural Silicone Electric Facial Cleansing Brush Honestly I like the Clarisonic or Clinique sonic facial brushes better, but you can’t beat a sonic brush that’s under $20 and never needs its brush head replaced. I have one of these for travel and do love it. Do not get it wet before use, use dry. Add a pea size of cleanser and massage it around the face. Use the firmer parts on the creases between the nose and cheeks. This does a lovely job at physical exfoliation. One charge lasts months. Clean with regular soap and hot water. Sometimes I spray rose water on my face and use it as a facial massager. You’ll replace it when it breaks down (maybe every 5 years?) $19
Beauty doesn’t have to be expensive, and taking care of your skin will guarantee a more youthful aging experience. If you bought all of these today you’ll spend $115 plus tax, yet your ongoing monthly cost will be under $10. Drink water, take your supplements, vibe, sauna and eat well. Aging is just a level… make leveling up something to envy.
Sign up for a weekly brief with information on mindfulness, health and diet, biofeedback, biohacking and product reviews.https://h2signup.hscampaigns.com