New to biofeedback? Have no idea what it means? Can it help you?
Biofeedback is the process of gaining greater awareness of many physiological functions primarily using instruments that provide information on the activity of those same systems, with a goal of being able to manipulate them at will. Some of the processes that can be controlled include brainwaves, muscle tone, skin conductance, heart rate and pain perception.
Biofeedback may be used to improve health, performance, and the physiological changes that often occur in conjunction with changes to thoughts, emotions, and behavior. Eventually, these changes may be maintained without the use of extra equipment, for no equipment is necessarily required to practice biofeedback.
As it describes, biofeedback is used to improve yourself, whether focused on specific health issues, performance goals, or stressors. Hunt Squared offers Biofeedback within our coaching programs!
Until then, here are some informative, and fun, articles on biofeedback:
- Oculus Rift Games Uses Biofeedback
- 7 Ways Biofeedback Can Improve Your Health
- Veterans Using Biofeedback for PTSD
- Drug-Free Treatments for Depression
- Biofeedback and Headaches
- Brain Fitness and Biofeedback
There are some great devices available for biofeedback. Here are some of the top home and clinical products:
- Emwave 2
- HeartMath Inner Balance (iphone/ipad, lightning)
- Thought Technology Relaxation Biofeedback
- NeuroSky (EEG neurofeedback)
Lastly, some top books to get you started on your road to health, performance and success using biofeedback:
- Biofeedback Mastery
- Biofeedback, An Introduction For Consumers
- The HeartMath Solution
- Biofeedback For The Brain