OMG, this looks good… sharing.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted, 44 grams*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (organic)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (Vanillamax, also Bulletproof)
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed, 390 grams or a heaping 1 1/2 cups mashed
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use the bulletproof chocolate bars broken up)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil. Additionally, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the almond butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. You can also melt it over the stove on low heat. Add in eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Into the almond butter mixture, add the mashed banana and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth, and no lumps of coconut flour are left. Stir in the chopped chocolate until well mixed. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and let stand for 10 minutes before baking, so the coconut flour can begin absorbing the moisture.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY in the pan.
- Once cooled, slice and DEVOUR.
- Gluten free baking can be very finicky, so I highly recommend you weigh your flours.
- Lining your loaf pan with parchment paper is important to make sure your bread comes out of the pan nicely. Just trace your pan on a large piece of parchment, and cut it out.
- Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or freeze.
- Smother with grass-fed butter (like Kerrygold) for an uber extravagant experience!